A "BasementHammer" approach to rules fixes, core scenario options and expanding the game, both for Warhammer Fantasy and Mordheim.
The Objective: enrich the Core Rules with more narrative and story, and add more options for even richer games.

This is our game, and we should strive to make it as good as we can.
See the "About" page for more details.

CLICK LABELS BELOW TO GO TO SPECIFIC TOPICS

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Mordheim Roleplay part 2: a long awaited dice-rolling party

For those of you who read many months ago that I was "working" on a Roleplay adaptation of Mordheim, and then proceeded to show no progress or news on it for months on end, no one could blame you for thinking this was just wishful thinking of yet another enthusiastic but unproductive gamer fanboy/I-think-I-can-write-rules person.

Well, you are both right and wrong. Perfectionism holds me back from releasing things I've got written down for months, then I leave then still for ages before going back.
The Social Interaction rules for Mordheim Roleplay have been drafted since December 2014, but I haven't finished polishing everything, and other Warhammer/Mordheim projects have shifted my attention from it.
However, I've kept building on it, and realized that before I released the Social Interaction ruleset I actually needed to "convert" how Mordheim plays normally (single tabletop events spaced by post-game phases, strict warband restrictions) to an "adventuring party" system that can harbor a free-flowing story (includding exploration, stealth, searching, etc).
And this document itself sat on my hard drive for some 2-3 months before I finally formatted it and sent it out now.

So I am putting out this first part of the rules, which should get anyone going in running simple Roleplay sessions using the Mordheim system. I know I will. Mind you, everything is still experimental.

Mordheim Roleplay (click here for PDF) 
This will be a live version, which will be continuously updated with time.

I will now be polishing the Social Interaction rules and expanding on skill options that can feed into the Roleplay experience.
Note: at the time of writing, no Social Interaction rules are included, except those for simple Interrogation and Torture (adapted straight from the great 'Traces to Emprise' scenario from Border Town Burning). 
Eventually, The Social Interaction Ruleset will be an add-on, which will replace the Leadership characteristic with a set of Personality characteristics, which hopefully will inject some hilarity and narrative into roleplay sessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment